What is happening?
On July 1, 2023, Illuminate DnA will be retiring Manual/Hybrid assessments. Results will continue to be available but you will no longer be able to administer these to students. No student data will be removed or deleted from the system.
Why are Manual/Hybrid assessments going away?
Flexible assessments provide the same administration options (print answer sheets, grade with camera, grade with scanner/copier, enter responses manually, and deliver online) but with an overall easier experience.
With Flexible assessments, you can…
- Add multiple question types in mass
- Perform fewer clicks to create an assessment
- Easily upload assessment materials from Google Drive to be administered via Online Testing
- Create additional item types
- Make use of advanced scoring features
What do I need to do?
Creators/owners/editors of a Manual/Hybrid assessment: In order to administer the assessment to students after July 1, you will need to duplicate it as a Flexible assessment. You will want to convert on or after July 1, 2023 and DnA suggests you actually duplicate into flexible Please contact all users with access to view, administer, or edit an assessment to indicate when it has been updated.
How do I do this?
- Locate your assessment.
- In the Action column select Duplicate.
- Click OK in the popup windows that appear.
- Update assessment title and any other information as needed. Note: It is recommended to duplicate one assessment at a time.
- Watch short video HERE if interested in visual steps OR this longer narrated video
- Want to know all the details about the deprecation of Manual/Hybrid assessments?
- Want to know more about how to administer Flexible assessments to students?
- Want to know more about how to create Flexible assessments from scratch?
- Want to know more about how to ditch paper/scanning and move to online assessment?
- See this guide that highlights what you need to know about Online Assessment
- Users can start duplicating their assessments beginning July 1, 2023. It is recommended that users duplicate assessment when they are preparing to administering them, not en mass.
How do I get technical support?
from this document